The Selection process:
- Change the text to Each Candidate will submit a prompted video answering several leadership questions.
- Each candidate will complete a narrative essay on their strengths and weaknesses directly related to the 5 criteria. The essay must be practical and evidence-based.
- Each candidate will complete a 2 minute video on why they think they are a future leader.
- The self-assessments shortlisted candidates are sent to the candidate’s line manager for verification and comment.
- USB-ED will select 5 candidates from each category, based on the essay, video and line managers comments – the finalists.
- The finalists in each category will face a judging panel comprising relevant industry/HR experts and corporate CEOs and HRDs.
- The judges will probe behavioural indicators (both positive and negative) for each criteria. Again this round will focus on the evidence of behaviour as well as how the candidate would have applied the behaviour in the work context.
- The judges will choose the final candidate based on their previous submissions, the final interview and a case study presentation prepared for the interview.